As this year rapidly draws to an end, I love to reflect and think about what I have learned. I find it helpful to do this before setting new goals. It’s important to analyse what went good or bad in the current year before making realistic expectations for the future. I have written 18 things I learned this year, hopefully, these will help you too. This process really helped me find clarity in my thoughts, even if you don’t want to post yours, I recommend writing them all down.
18 Life Lessons I Learned in 2018
- Everything isn’t always as it seems.
- Money doesn’t make you happy.
- Trust your instincts.
- Do what’s best for you.
- Take risks.
- Not everyone has a heart like you.
- A social media detox is so important.
- Embrace change.
- Don’t be afraid to walk away.
- People have to want to help themselves – you can’t make them happy.
- Cut down your debt, educate yourself about money.
- Live life – for you.
- Have high standards – don’t settle.
- Stand up for yourself.
- Life doesn’t always go to plan.
- You can be single & happy.
- The time is now – don’t hesitate.
- You are responsible for your happiness.
The past two years have been so turbulent for me, just when you think things are working out, everything seems to crash down around you. It has been so emotionally draining, but I feel the lessons learned from the experiences have completely changed me.
One of the biggest lessons this year was realising that I am completely in control of my own happiness. Most importantly that my happiness and self-worth have nothing to do with my relationship status. I truly believe that you need to love yourself and know what you want before finding someone that can add to your life.
In 2019 my goal is to be happy, focused and surrounded by those I love. I want to be brave enough to seize opportunities. Throughout the year I want to really get to know who I am and what I want from life. I will go after what I want without hesitation or self-doubt.
I hope reading this inspires you to evaluate your year and what you want from 2019. I encourage you to set goals and not stop until you achieve them. Be strong enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you. Set standards and don’t settle for anything less. Make this your year.
- It’s Okay To Take A Break
- 7 Habits of Happiness
- 5 Things I Learned From Launching My First Business
- 5 Steps To Change Your Life
- Bath & Body Works | Autumn Candle Haul
- The honest truth about social media
- 10 Signs You Should End Your Relationship
- How to get motivated
- Why you need goals
- Change your life | Law Of Attraction
- Trust the timing of your life