I hope you are all having a lovely weekend and are making the most of the sunshine if you are living in the UK! I fancied posting something different to what I have done before and thought a tag would be nice for you to learn a bit more about me, enjoy!
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
I’m guessing it was probably lipgloss.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I absolutely love Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. I love mascara’s that add alot of length without clumping the lashes.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
Medium/buildable coverage. I find it’s better to start lightly and add more coverage if you need it. I like for my skin to still look like natural skin.
4. Favourite high end brand?
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
Tarte – I received a matte lip paint and blush as a free sample and loved them – will definitely be trying more soon. There are so many Nars products I would like to try.
6. Favourite drugstore brand?
Revlon, Maybelline & NYX
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
No, I have never tried them. I have always had naturally long lashes – but I do like the way they look – maybe I will give them a go one day.
8 . Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
On an average work day – I always wear foundation, powder, blush & highlighter. I like to wear foundation as I have very oily skin, I feel foundation and powder help keep my face under control throughout the day. If I am just locally out and about I do like to have makeup free days.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
I really love my Garnier Micellar cleansing water – it makes taking off makeup so much easier. If I didn’t have this I would think twice about applying eye makeup.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
It depends on my mood, if I just need one thing then I just buy that. If I have run out of quite a few items I usually end up getting a couple of extra things as a treat. If i’m travelling and there is a Sephora I love to stock up and purchase anything I can’t get back home.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
I usually spend freely, usually I am only purchasing a couple of items that I have run out of.
12. Do you utilise coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
I love 3 for 2 offers or online codes – I have ordered alot from FeelUnique.com over the past few years. I also use a boots advantage card and earn alot of points which you can then redeem against something later on.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
I tend to run out of foundation quicker than anything else. Other than that I always ensure I have face sunscreen and moisturiser than is made for oily skin.
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
Not specifically but I hate brands that have very cheap looking packaging and in general products that don’t live up to expectation or products that aren’t very good quality or aren’t pigmented.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulphates?
No, but I check if a foundation is non-comedogenic – this means the product will not block your pores which is good for acne prone skin.
16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
Sephora but there isn’t one in the UK, sadly! I use feelunique.com or Superdrug/Boots mostly.
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I like trying new products but usually have a backup of my favourites on standby. I haven’t really tried any products that I have hated though.
18. Favourite bath and body brand?
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Tarte – the products are gorgeous, it’s unlikely that you would be disappointed.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
Benefit – amazing brand consistency. Nars – simple but looks so classy
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Gigi Hadid, Rihanna, Jessica Alba..SO MANY!
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
Not yet, leave a comment if you have any suggestions of some I can join.
23. 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
Shaaanxo, Tati, Dani Mansutti – I usually look up specific things at the moment as I subscribe to those whose vlogs I watch.
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
I don’t own any specific ones but it is a great idea, especially for saving space whilst travelling.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I have definitely improved alot over the past few years. I always end up with mascara on my eyelids but that’s an easy fix.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
No, but I don’t feel that my eye shadow noticeably creases. I have loads of different Urban Decay samples so maybe I will try them out and see if I can notice a difference.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Mainly just heat protectant and an oil/frizz free creme to help it look smooth.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation and then concealer for anything that needs extra correction.
29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
No, everything I have learn’t so far I have found on the internet. Some techniques just take practice.
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love being able to create different looks and it’s really fun getting ready before a night out or event etc. It definitely gives me confidence but at the same time as I have gotten older I have become to accept myself for who I am without it and am happy to not wear it at all sometimes. Generally, I just enjoy using various products and trying new application techniques.
If you are reading this, I TAG YOU.
Let me know when you post it as I would love to read your answers!