Today I am sharing with you 20 things I would tell my younger self. This post was suggested by Eve @ evegreenow.com. I really liked the idea and when I got thinking about it, there are loads of things I wish I would have known back then that I know now. The truth is we all change and evolve over time. What we experience throughout life alters our mindset and we grow stronger. Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes, it’s how you learn from them that makes you wiser. I feel that most of these things were probably said to me at some point or another but without being able to see into the future, most of the time I just didn’t believe it. But if I could go back and tell myself some of these things, it probably would have put my mind to rest.
20 Things I Would Tell My Younger Self
- Cherish the present moment
- Life is short; Time will pass so quickly
- Things don’t always go to plan
- Money doesn’t buy happiness
- Learn to be comfortable in your own skin
- Have fun
- Say what you feel
- Don’t compare yourself to others
- Be confident
- Appreciate what you have
- It’s never too late to change
- Learn to say no
- Trust your intuition
- Do what makes you happy
- Save for a mortgage asap
- Push yourself – leave that comfort zone
- Social media: People aren’t all they ‘post’ to be
- Don’t worry so much, everything will work out
- Everything does happen for a reason
- Your views & opinions will change and that’s okay!
I hope you enjoyed reading this, what advice would you give to your younger self?
If you fancy doing a post similar to this one, please send me a message on twitter I would love to read it!