2017 was full of highs and lows, it was turbulent, to say the least. Some of the highs include where I was able to travel to last year: New York & Disneyland Paris and had two breaks away to Center Parcs and a few days away at Alton Towers & Blackpool Pleasure Beach. I was extremely lucky to be able to travel where I did.
In June I decided to leave my first graduate job, it made me so miserable and working 60 hours a week meant I spent pretty much no time doing what I enjoyed or working on my own projects. When I left, I put my full attention on my blog, which I have really enjoyed doing and have met some wonderful people. In Sept I decided to start setting up my own business and after a little bit of a delay in the last few months of 2017, I am planning to launch this month. I am currently seeking a new full-time position, hopefully, something with better hours so I can still focus on my blog & business.
If you follow me on Twitter you will know I had a bad end of the year, I’m not going to bring that negativity into this post. However, what happened did change everything, but on the positive side, I am able to make 2018 a completely fresh start. My main aim for this year is to be genuinely happy and grateful for what I already have.
Lessons Learned In 2017
- If something is making you unhappy, leave.
- You have complete control over your life.
- Don’t put your happiness in someone else hands.
- Put yourself first.
- You can achieve anything you put your mind to.
- Be careful who you trust.
- Not everything is always as it seems.
- Trust your instincts.
- If something feels off, it is.
- Trust actions, not words.
Even though 2017 did not have the best end, I am confident that what I experienced will only make me stronger as a person and I have learned lessons that will prevent the same mistakes again.
- Drink 2L water every day
- Walk at least 5000 steps every day
- Create a new workout routine and stick to it
- Read self-help books
- Learn to love me and be happy in my own skin
- Get a new job
- Launch my online store
- Be more social and spontaneous
- Post consistently and grow throughout 2018
- Connect with more bloggers
- Write more posts about self-help topics
- Continue improving my photography
- Add more content to my blogger resources section
Last year I decided to start this blog as my new year’s resolution and I am really proud of how far it has come since then. I began on Blogger and migrated to WordPress Self Hosted in June. Throughout the year my photography and writing style has improved drastically. I also accepted my first paid collaboration with a well-known brand that fit my blog style, I have had quite a few companies reach out to me but I am very picky about which deals I accept.
I am so excited for what 2018 holds and am feeling positive in that I am able to make it a really good year. Still finding my direction in life, I am determined to really work on myself this year and who I am as a person.
Thanks to everyone who has taken time to read, comment and engage with my blog throughout the past year. Ultimately, it is the support of you that makes me want to continue.